Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lovely Lucy

It is with a very sad heart that I have to share the news now that Lucy passed on last night at 9pm. She was such a trooper, but in the last three days the effect of the cancer in her body became too strong with increased heart rate and fever, and swollen belly. She was in pain and her body was starting to shut down. I made the difficult decision and she was helped on her way with a painless medication by a wonderful vet. She didn't show any fear and was conscious and aware. She was ready to go. There was no resistance. I had spent 8 hours that day sitting in the garden with her on soft grass in the shade with a warm breeze.

I'll update the blog entries in a few days so that all the medical history is here and make sure all the links are active.
I am certain that the natural treatments she went through helped her to live a full and happy summer for the last 4 and a half months, pain free and surrounded by love. She did so well!

More photos soon too and a video clip.
If you have any questions about the treatments ffeel free to post a comment and I will get back to you.

peace and grace
R.I.P. Lucy-Love
xxx

4 comments:

  1. oh i am really broken hearted for you right now. it is such a difficult thing and it just doesn't seem fair. You were such a wonderful parent to her and she was so lucky to have you.
    I am so glad that she was a brave girl and that you were brave for her.
    all my best- josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your lost and I am sure Lucy is now playing happily with other dogs on the rainbow bridge. Lucy was so lucky to have you as a companion in her whole life, esp. when she was very ill and you took very good care of her. It was all shown on every line on this blog.

    My dog, Wasabi, is also very ill now. He ate very less these few days, barely moved but he can still manage to pee on the tray. He never cries so I really don't know he is in pain or not. I don't have any clue that when it is the to time to let him go.

    When you are ready some time later, think about adopting another dog in the shelter. Wasabi was adopted when his age of 14. He was surrendered to the dog shelter where I am currently volunteering.

    You take care and may Lucy rest in peace.

    Warmest regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. My dog is currently about two months post-diagnosis of lymphoma and liver cancer. He is doing well but I can feel his abdomen swelling with every week. I have been following your blog ever since his diagnosis and it has helped me tremendously. I am absolutely dreading when his time comes, but appreciate that I get to spend quality time with him now.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this blog. My thoughts are with you and may Lucy rest in peace.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your best friend. We've lost one dog to cancer and another is fighting cancer now as we speak. It's an awful feeling.

    ReplyDelete